The Handwork Studio's summer camp programs are uniquely fun, creative and educational, where we believe children learn by making!
If this position has piqued your interest then you might be the one! Start off by asking yourself the following questions:
- Do you like children?
- Do you like working with children and crafting With high expectations for quality work and always ready to roll-up your sleeves and jump in? Together we will empower and inspire the next generation.
Objective: Teach classic woodworking skills in a hands-on environment. You will guide campers patiently and safely to create a variety of projects while learning to assist the campers to be able to accurately design, measure, saw, drill and finish their projects properly. Encourage the campers to be confident in working with their hands.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrates skills to include but not limited to basic woodworking.
- Assists Lead Counselor with camp activities
- Participates in the supervision of campers
- Ensure the safety and
wellbeingof campers at all times
- Report supply needs to the Regional Manager
- Ensure that all materials are being utilized effectively at his /her site (limited waste)
- Bountiful energy to sit, stand, sing, and stitch throughout the day
- Classroom management and teaching skills
- A passion for crafting
- Crafting skill level: Competent crafter and has an ability to use hand tools
- Keeps workspace organized and tidy
- Interpersonal communication skills for working with counselors and children
- Nurturing and compassionate with a sense of humor
- Working on completing Bachelor's Degree or have completed Bachelor's Degree and/or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of experience working with children preferably through summer camp experience
- Must have reliable transportation to arrive to shift on time
- Available to complete approximately 15-20 hours of pre-camp training (generally throughout the month of May)
- Available to attend our mandatory Summer Orientation on June 8tth in Rosemont, PA (outside of Philadelphia) or in Washington, DC
- Ability to lift and carry 35 lbs
- Must be able to stand or sit for long periods of time
- Maintained mental and physical alertness
- Required to wear The Handwork Studio apron during work hours. Apron is provided by The Handwork Studio
- All other duties as assigned
- Follow The Handwork Studio rules and regulations
- Represent The Handwork Studio according to its missions and goals
Ready for something different?
Register now or join our mailing list for the latest news and summer camp info.
- Demonstrates skills to include but not limited to, knitting, machine sewing, hand sewing & crocheting
be post highschoolor a minimum of 4 years experience working with The Handwork Studio
- Experience working with children
- Experience in many of our defined crafting techniques
- Available to complete approximately 8-10 hours of pre-camp training (generally the month of May)
- Available to attend one of our Summer Orientation either on June 10th in Rosemont, PA (outside of Philadelphia) OR June 11th in Washington, DC