This is an exciting opportunity to join our "Tight Knit" team.
We are looking for an Regional Camp Manager who is a passionate and hardworking multi-tasker. So get ready to roll up your sleeves and jump in! With high expectations for quality work, together we will empower a new generation of crafters and staff alike.
You will work with the Executive Director and other Regional Managers to coordinate and operate multi-camp locations in your specific gepgraphic region. This is a part-time position starting in early May (approximately 5-10 hours per week) and full-time from June-August (40-50 hours per week) with required trainings (weeks can vary by region).
Objective: Operate and manage all aspects of The Handwork Studio Summer Camp program in the defined region with the support of the Executive Camp Director of The Handwork Studio.
Status: May till the start of camp: Non-Exempt; Start of camp through End of camp season : Exempt
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- May through the start of camp: Training, recruiting assistance, orientation assistance
- Start of camp through to the end of camp season: Management of staff and general operations of region.
- Work with the Executive Director and Camp administrator to coordinate and operate multi-camp locations in your specific region
- Supervise and manage all counselors in your region and ensure quality programming. All staff are working towards The Handwork Studio mission.
- Serve as a liaison to our partnership sites/camp locations (private schools, universities, rec. centers, etc.)
- Assist in organizing and running summer camp orientations in designated regions
- Manage set-up and break-downs of sites in defined region
- Continued distribution of supplies and materials throughout the summer
- Commute daily around your respective region and occasionally travel a further distance that may require overnight stays (all work related travel is eligible for mileage and toll reimbursement).
- Be the voice of The Handwork Studio by enthusiastically sharing information about the summer programs at community events, camp fairs, and open houses
- Assist in regional staff recruitment
- Step into a teaching role in any of the programs as needed within your region when a class is short staffed
- Attend all required training sessions
- Ensure safety of children and staff at all times
- Conduct staff evaluations halfway through camp tenure and at end of camp season
- Strong leadership skills
- Interpersonal communication skills for working with partnership sites, counselors, parents, and children
- Nurturing and compassionate with a sense of humor
- Interest in crafting
- Bountiful energy to sit, stand, sing, and stitch throughout the day
- 1-2 years managerial experience, preferably with a team of 10+
- Completed Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years of experience working with children and parents, preferably through summer camp experience
- Must have a valid driver’s license, your own transportation, ability to drive and transport supplies
- Ability to lift and carry 35 lbs, such as sewing machines, fabric bolts, trunks of materials, etc.
- Must be able to stand or sit for long periods of time
- Maintained mental and physical alertness
- Capable of driving long distances as needed.
- Must have a smart phone to use for camp purposes.
- Follow The Handwork Studio rules and regulations
- Represent The Handwork Studio according to its missions and goals
- All other duties as assigned