Payment & Refund Policies
Every year, safety is of the utmost importance at The Handwork Studio. We understand that for Summer 2022, we expect to continue to take precautions to mitigate the risk of spreading COVID-19.
We continue to consult with numerous sources to ensure we are on top of the ever-changing health landscape and update our protocols to reflect the most current and appropriate safety precautions. We plan to implement guidelines sourced from local and state health officials, CDC, and the American Camp Association.
Even with our efforts, due to the fluid nature of COVID-19, all policies and procedures are subject to change. However, rest assured, The Handwork Studio will be working tirelessly to provide a safe, healthy, and fun experience for everyone.
As of January 18, 2022, The Handwork Studio at Rosemont College expects to take the following precautions:
- No more than 14 campers and 2 instructors in a classroom.
- We will keep a minimum of 3' of distance* between all individuals.
Please note, there may be times when children and instructors may breach the prescribed 3' of space recommendation due to the need to assist physically. This breach of space will only be acted upon when necessary to ensure safety.
- Specially designed schedules and activities to limit interactions between groups as much as possible.
- Positioning of desks and tables to de-densify classrooms and camp spaces.
- Use of outdoor space whenever possible.
- Programs will predominantly take place indoors in a ventilated space.
- Snack and lunch periods to be taken outdoors when weather permits.
- Possible proof of a negative COVID test result may be required before the start of your registered session.
- Potential daily symptom and temperature check facilitated by a Handwork Studio Instructor at drop-off.
- Instructors or students with a temperature above 100 degrees or exhibiting signs of COVID-19 (or other illness) will not be admitted into camp for a period as determined by the most current guidelines.
- If a camper shows symptoms upon arrival, other campers in the same vehicle will not be permitted into camp. As such, we strongly discourage carpooling to/from camp.
- If a camper, sibling of a camper, parent/guardian, or any other household member or persons you have had contact exhibits symptoms of illness or has been diagnosed with a communicable illness, including COVID-19, we ask that you notify The Handwork Studio at Rosemont College immediately so that we can take immediate action in the following way:
- The child/Instructor will be sent home from camp and will not be able to return until they have been cleared to return.
Personal Protection Equipment (PPE):
- Currently, face masks will be required at all times for campers and Instructors regardless of vaccination status. There will be opportunities to safely take mask breaks as needed.
- All campers and Instructors will wear their own mask onto campus each day and provide 2 additional masks in a labeled plastic bag that can be kept with your child(ren)’s personal belongings.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be provided throughout campus. We ask that you do not send your child(ren) with hand sanitizer.
- Frequent designated times for handwashing throughout the day.
- Frequent cleaning of high touch areas and equipment
- Supplies and materials will be assigned to each camper and kept in bins or bags unique to each camper. Supplies that cannot be given out individually will be sanitized after each use.
Drop-off / Pick-ups Procedure
We expect to run a drop-off and pick-up car line to help mitigate the risk of additional people coming into our indoor space. Specific detailed drop-off and pick-up instructions will be sent as we get closer to the start of summer camp. Below is a list of the potential procedures as it relates to our COVID-19 mitigation.
- Drop-off: Designated Handwork instructors will greet campers each morning at their cars and escort them into the building.
- Campers cannot be dropped off early and left unsupervised at anytime
- Pick-up: Those picking up in the afternoon will need to display the names of the campers they will be picking up by filling out the designated pick-up paper and leaving it on their car’s dashboard.
- If a camper gets sick while at The Handwork Studio, parents/guardians/caregivers must be available to pick up their child(ren)no more than 1 hour after receiving a phone call from The Handwork Studio.
As the Parent/Guardian potentially enrolling your child(ren) at The Handwork Studio at Rosemont College, you also have a critical role in maintaining a safe and healthy environment for everyone at The Handwork Studio.
Parent/Guardian responsibilities will include:
- Notifying The Handwork Studio with timely, accurate, and honest information if:
- A child or a household member or direct contact with the child or household members has become ill or symptomatic or is being monitored for illness by a healthcare professional.
- A child or a household member or direct contact with the child or household members has had exposure or potential exposure to a person who has been diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Fully complying with all health precautions issued and mandated by The Handwork Studio at Rosemont College, including, but not limited to:
- Daily screening
- Child departure within 60 minutes of phone call due to symptom onset
- Physician-signed diagnosis, treatment, and recommendation for return
We understand that this is a lot of information to digest and could change before our camp season starts. If you have any questions or concerns about our protocols, please do not hesitate to reach out.
We are looking forward to a fantastic summer and are thrilled you are considering The Handwork Studio.