COVID-19 & Health
Updated Health & Safety Policies
The Handwork Studio Summer 2022 at Rosemont College
Every year, safety is of the utmost importance at The Handwork Studio. We understand that for Summer 2022, we expect to continue to take precautions to mitigate the risk of spreading COVID-19.
We continue to consult with numerous sources to ensure we are on top of the ever-changing health landscape and update our protocols to reflect the most current and appropriate safety precautions. We plan to implement guidelines sourced from local and state health officials, CDC, and the American Camp Association.
Even with our efforts, due to the fluid nature of COVID-19, all policies and procedures are subject to change. However, rest assured, The Handwork Studio will be working tirelessly to provide a safe, healthy, and fun experience for everyone.
Guidance for this summer will be based on the CDC county transmission levels where the camps are located and where the majority of campers are coming from. The CDC levels are currently defined as: Low (green), Medium (yellow) and High (red) levels of transmission. Protocols for camp will change if we move to a higher level of transmission, in order to protect campers and staff as we move through the summer. For more information on COVID-19 Community Spread Levels, please visit the CDC’s website here.
The Handwork Studio at Rosemont College expects to take the following precautions:
Facilities and Equipment
- Class sizes have been capped to no more than 14 campers and 2 instructors.
- Use of outdoor space whenever possible.
- Ventilation will be increased naturally by keeping windows open if weather permits.
- Portable HEPA air filters will be placed in all classrooms.
- Snack and lunch periods to be taken outdoors when weather permits.
- Frequent cleaning of high touch areas and equipment.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be provided throughout campus. We ask that you do not send your child(ren) with hand sanitizer.
Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) & Vaccination
- Face coverings are heavily encouraged for all instructors while indoors and will be optional outdoors for all instructors while at Rosemont College.
- Face coverings will be optional for all campers while at Rosemont College when transmission levels are in the Low (green) or Medium (yellow) levels.
- We understand that everyone’s health and safety considerations are different and we want to support all of our campers. If you would like to discuss ways we can support your child(ren) as they wear masks, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We are continuously monitoring the community spread of COVID-19 as well as current CDC recommendations. The Handworks Studio reserves the right to require face coverings indoors for all students and staff when transmission levels are in the High (red) range.
- All Handwork Studio staff will be vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19
- Campers are encouraged to be vaccinated against COVID-19, but this is not mandatory.
Drop-off / Pick-up Procedure
We will run a drop-off and pick-up car line to help mitigate the risk of additional people coming into our indoor space. Specific detailed drop-off and pick-up instructions will be shared via email as we get closer to the start of summer camp. Below is a list of the potential procedures as it relates to our COVID-19 mitigation.
- Drop-off - Designated Handwork instructors will greet campers each morning at their cars and escort them into the building.
- Campers cannot be dropped off early and left unsupervised at anytime
- Pick-up - Those picking up in the afternoon will need to display the names of the campers they will be picking up by filling out the designated pick-up paper that the Handworks Studio will provide and leaving it on their car’s dashboard.
- If a camper gets sick while at The Handwork Studio, parents/guardians/caregivers must be available to pick up their child(ren) no more than 1 hour after receiving a phone call from The Handwork Studio.
As the Parent/Guardian potentially enrolling your child(ren) at The Handwork Studio at Rosemont College, you also have a critical role in maintaining a safe and healthy environment for everyone at The Handwork Studio.
Parent/Guardian responsibilities will include:
- Campers with a temperature above 100 degrees or exhibiting signs of COVID-19 (or other illness) will not be admitted into camp for a period as determined by the most current guidelines.
- Notifying The Handwork Studio with timely, accurate, and honest information if:
- A child or a household member or direct contact with the child or household members has become ill or symptomatic or is being monitored for illness by a healthcare professional.
- A child or a household member or direct contact with the child or household members has had exposure or potential exposure to a person who has been diagnosed with COVID-19.
- This summer, we will not require your camper to complete a self-screener at the beginning of the camp. However, we do ask families to self-monitor for symptoms of COVID-19. Please do not send your camper to camp if they are experiencing any of the following symptoms.
- Fever (greater than 100.4°)
- Body Aches
- Sore Throat
- Shortness of Breath
- GI Symptoms (vomiting, diarrhea, etc.)
We understand that this is a lot of information to digest and could change before our camp season starts. If you have any questions or concerns about our protocols, please do not hesitate to reach out.
We are looking forward to a fantastic summer and are thrilled you are considering The Handwork Studio.