The Best Way to Learn is to do it
The Handwork Studio takes great joy in seeing campers grow from curious, creative students to passionate, driven young adults. Our Counselor in Training (CIT) Leadership Program at Rosemont College is designed to teach 14-16-year-olds the flip side of our programming... teaching!
Becoming a CIT is an excellent opportunity for past campers or future leaders to learn leadership skills, build resume experience, and advance creative skills alongside our professional staff. Throughout our 3 week sessions, CITs will develop skills by:
- assisting Lead and Assistant Counselors with teaching.
- participating in camp activities with Lead and Assistant Counselors.
- demonstrating positive communication with campers and counselors.
- knowing and demonstrating ‘The Handwork Studio’ culture.
- working as a team.
- problem-solving creatively.
- gaining and providing feedback on progress.
We have limited slots at Rosemont College for the following camp dates:
- Session 1: June 21st - July 8th
- Session 2: July 11th - July 29th
- Session 3: Aug 1st - Aug 19th
Registering does not guarantee a spot in this program. We request that you only register for one session at this time.
The following requirements will need to be met to be offered an official space in our CIT program:
We can’t wait to hear what excites you about becoming a Counselor in Training! After you register to be considered for the CIT program, you will receive an email containing the following:
- The CIT Application Form - to be submitted by the potential CIT.
- Once the application form has been submitted, an interview scheduling link providing 30 min slots to schedule a virtual Zoom interview will be sent via email.
- We highly encourage CITs to partake in the interview independently; however, parents and guardians are welcome to listen in.
- After the interview, within 2 days, we will respond to confirm acceptance or nonacceptance.
Once accepted, CITs will receive an email containing the following:
- An official letter of acceptance and CIT Handbook will need to be reviewed, signed, and returned by the CIT and a parent or guardian to confirm their spot in the program.
- Any other required forms stated in the CIT acceptance letter.
Once we receive your signed letter of acceptance and Handbook acknowledgment form, we will be thrilled to welcome you into our CIT Leadership Program!
In the following months, before camp starts, we will keep you updated by email on the training schedule, how to prepare for this program, and other important dates and information.
Thank you for considering our CIT program! If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out.